What is a virtuoso
Part of speech: adjectiveIncreases:
- positive virtuoso, Comparative more virtuoso, Superlative most virtuoso
- vir | tu | os, comparative: vir | tu | o | ser, superlative: vir | tu | o | ses | ten
- IPA: [vɪʁtuˈoːs], [vɪʁtuˈʔoːs]
- 1) Music: masterful, with absolute technical perfection, technically perfect
- Borrowed in the 17th century from Italian virtuoso "capable, capable, virtuoso, excellent", which in turn goes back to late Latin virtuosus "virtuoso, excellent".
- 1) He interprets the piece virtuoso.
- Virtuosity, virtuoso
- English: 1) virtuous
- French: 1) avec virtuosity, virtuoso (male)virtuoso (Female)
- Catalan: 1) virtuoso (male) virtuosa, (Female) (approx)
- Persian: 1) نوازندهی چیرهدست
- Swedish: 1) virtuoso
- Spanish: 1) virtuoso (male) virtuosa, (Female) (it)
Part of speech: adjectiveIncreases:
- positive virtuoso
- vir | tu | os
- 1) virtuoso
- 1) Första fiolen har en virtuoso technology.
- The first violin has one virtuoso Technology.
Part of speech: noun, (Utrum)Hyphenation:
- vir | tu | os, Plural: vir | tuo | ser
- 1) person who has mastered a musical instrument; Virtuoso, virtuoso
- 1) Martin spelar piano, han är en ung virtuoso från music academy.
- Martin plays the piano, he's a young one virtuoso from the music academy.
- German: 1) virtuoso(male), Virtuoso (Female)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The new novel by bestselling author Peter Høeg plays virtuoso with the possibilities of neuroresearch.“
Technology Review, May 24, 2019
„Mario Holetzeck staged at the Rudolstadt Theater virtuoso 'The Trial' by Franz Kafka.“
young world, February 20, 2019
„Crime of the week: James Anderson tells in his debut 'Desert Moon' virtuoso a gripping story of love and loss in the Utah desert.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, October 17, 2018
„Serious feelings and funny punch lines in the Kongress am Park: Bodo Wartke juggles the German language and underlines his love stories virtuoso with sounds.“
Augsburger Allgemeine, April 28, 2019
„Puny, virtuoso and telling lightly: Dendemann, the elder statesman of the local hip-hop scene, returns with his solo album 'Da nich für!' back.“
DIE ZEIT, January 24, 2019
„The viola is an often misunderstood instrument. Few can do it that way virtuoso like Tabea Zimmermann.“
Die Zeit, May 13th 2020
„The memory is constantly working on the past. Hardly anyone has mastered this gentle art of memory like this virtuoso like Alexander Kluge.“
NZZ, June 10, 2020
„The season starts today in the town hall with “Gorbachev and Friend”. Theirs virtuoso played balalaika has a lot of fans.“
Saarbrücker Zeitung, January 22nd, 2020
„The Düsseldorf Kunstpalast celebrates the early work of Pierre Cardin. This connects the virtuoso populist designer futurism and fetish.“
TAZ, November 04, 2019
„Whether IR experiments or simply natural daylight, the photographers used the photos of the week virtuoso the available light for your shots.“
heise online, July 4th, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Grammar / declensions
Inflection virtuos - The declension of the adjective virtuos
|Masculine||the virtuoso||of the virtuoso||the virtuoso||the virtuoso|
|Feminine||the virtuoso||the virtuoso||the virtuoso||the virtuoso|
|neuter||the virtuoso||of the virtuoso||the virtuoso||the virtuoso|
|Plural||the virtuoso||the virtuoso||the virtuoso||the virtuoso|
|Masculine||a virtuoso||of a virtuoso||a virtuoso||a virtuoso|
|Feminine||a virtuoso||a virtuoso||a virtuoso||a virtuoso|
|neuter||a virtuoso||of a virtuoso||a virtuoso||a virtuoso|
|Feminine||virtuoso||more virtuoso||more virtuoso||virtuoso|
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- admirable: Arousing admiration, deserving; worthy of admiration
- brilliant: more sophisticated expression for: wonderful or impressive; Physics, from a beam: bundled, with high brilliance; Acoustics, of one sound: rich in overtones, rich in overtones; for color: pure hue, high saturation
- skillfully: demonstrating great skills, for example of a manual or technical nature
- with flying colors
Another word (synonym) for virtuoso - source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "virtuoso":
virtuosity: ... is characterized by extraordinary virtuosity. Typical word combinations: virtuoso, virtuosity, piano virtuoso, violin virtuoso, singing virtuoso translations ...
virtuoso: Virtuoso (German) part of speech: noun, (male) cases: nominative: singular virtuoso; Plural virtuosos genitive: singular virtuosos; Plural virtuoso dative: singular virtuoso; ...
Flageolet: It was developed with great virtuosity by Paganini. ”Translations English: flageolet French: 1) flageolet Catalan: 1) flabiol Occitan: 1) flaujòl Swedish: flageolet Spanish: 1) flageolet, chirimía
Anti-aesthetics: ... aggressive, familiar, provocative, radical, righteous, defiant, exaggerated, virtuoso, sordid anti-aesthetics with anti-aesthetics: irritate, shock translations ...
virtual: only theoretically existent Origin of the term: from French virtuel 'capable', going back to Latin virtus 'strength, masculinity, virtue' (compare virtuoso) to Latin vir 'man'
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Virtuos" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/virtuos/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "virtuoso" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | se Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [vɪʁˈtu̯oːz…]…
virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | sem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [vɪʁtuˈoːzm,],…
virtuoso (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | sen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [vɪʁtuˈoːzn̩],…
more virtuoso (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | ser Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [vɪʁtuˈoːzɐ],…
more virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | se | re Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | se | rem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | se | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | se | rer Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | se | res Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
virtuoso (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | ses Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [vɪʁtuˈoːzəs],…
most virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | ses | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [vɪʁtuˈoːzəstə],…
most virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | ses | tem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
most virtuoso (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: vir | tu | o | ses | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Are flaming hot snacks bad for you?
- How does the treasure hunt work
- What is the LayoutInflater in Android
- Will the ICSE be reevaluated or reviewed
- What are the limitations of the differential amplifier
- How would Sherlock Holmes commit murder
- How is life in LSR
- Is petroleum technology falls under chemical engineering
- What excites you about studying geosciences?
- Should I tell my kids that I smoke
- How do loudspeakers turn electricity into sound?
- How did Charlie Rose get his fortune?
- Kraken is a legitimate exchange
- In fact, has Lowes blacklisted former employees
- Why is alkane called paraffin
- What is the hybridization of CS2
- What is process planning for operating systems
- Why should you use Ableton Live
- Video games are good for children
- What is the security clearance
- What percentage of government operations are privatized?
- How did the First World War change art?
- Is it okay to respect Hitler?
- Filmmaking can be a hobby
- How do web designers use Evernote
- What is today's intraday upward trend stocks
- Is Buzzfeed the Bad Kind of Feminism
- What are the historical origins of democracy
- What is it like to work at Brillio
- How does government interference screw things up
- Which is preventing your car from being towed
- When do chickens normally lay eggs?
- Is the Xfce project dead