Tesla has a lifetime warranty
Model 3: Tesla guarantees battery capacity of at least 70% over the warranty period
Li-ion batteries experience a loss of capacity over time. This is completely normal and can vary greatly depending on use and time period. Data surveys show that Tesla vehicles still have over 90% of the original battery capacity even after 200,000 kilometers. The loss of range is therefore rather small, even after years.
Now Tesla has published the warranty manual for the Tesla Model 3 (via Electrek), which provides more detailed information about the condition the company guarantees for the vehicle. The Model 3 shares the new vehicle warranty of 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km) with the Model S and Model X - whichever comes first.
The difference between Model S / X and Model 3, however, was in the powertrain. Although this also has an 8-year guarantee on the Model 3, in contrast to the higher-priced models, this is limited as follows:
- 100,000 miles (160,000 km) for the standard battery
- 120,000 miles (192,000 km) for the long range battery
In contrast, however, the Model 3 has a guarantee of available battery capacity - something the Model S / X doesn't. Over the warranty period of 8 years or the corresponding kilometers traveled (whichever comes first), Tesla guarantees an available battery capacity of at least 70%. So far, Tesla has not given such a guarantee on any vehicle.
Other manufacturers also offer such guarantees on the battery capacity. With the Bolt, Chevy offers a guarantee of 60% of the battery capacity within 8 years or 100,000 miles. The Nissan Leaf (30 kWh) guarantees about 66% of the battery capacity over the same period or the same number of kilometers. However, Tesla guarantees the highest battery capacity of all.
The electric car maker is confident that the battery capacity will decrease, similar to that of the Model S / X. This means that experience has shown that even after 8 years you can still count on a capacity of over 80%.
Click the button below to load the content from www.scribd.com.
Tags: battery, warranty, Model 3, Tesla
- Which is the best between Messenger and WhatsApp
- Is Nursultan Nazarbayev a dictator
- What happened to ibeatyou com
- What is the contribution of Pranab Mukherjee
- What are the symptoms of hypothermia
- JQuery reduces the loading time of the site
- What is the English name for Panipuri
- What is JD in an application
- Electric cars will ECOtality be successful
- On vacation someone can help me relax
- As it is for B Sc biotechnology
- Why can't I send you a message
- How did Hanuman defeat Ravana
- How do I start writing haiku
- What is Stanislas Wawrinka's best shot
- Why are people so in love with psychopaths
- Did you kill a Nazi in WWII?
- The human placenta is disc-shaped or metadiscoidal
- What makes a great social network great
- There are different types of notaries
- What risks are BDCs exposed to?
- How do you calculate the false positive rate
- What is the most underrated book series
- What does a technical librarian do