How to find pKa from pKb
PKs and pKb value
At the pKs and the pKb these are values that indicate how strong an acid or base is. Every acid has a characteristic pKs Value, while each base has a characteristic pKb Has.
These values are defined using the negative decadic logarithm of the Ks- and Kb-Values.
Adding the two values (pKs and pKb) of an acid / conjugate base pair, they always result in a sum of 14. This can be done with the equations for the Ks- and the Kb-Explain the value of which pKb and pKs depend.
If you multiply these two equations, you get the following equation after reduction:
This equation in turn corresponds to the water constant K.wwhich at room temperature always 10-14 Mole2 * l-2 amounts to.
By using the negative decadic logarithm and the definition of the pKb and pKsValue one arrives at the equation: pKs + pKb = 14
Since a strong acid has a high Ks value, the pKa value of a strong acid is correspondingly low and vice versa.
There are the following classifications:
pKs<1.5 -> Strong acid
pKs> 4.75 -> weak acid
This applies analogously to the pKb and the base strength.
In general, every connection with a pKs or pKb under 14 accordingly react acidic or basic. If both values are in this range for an acid / conjugate base pair, one speaks of an ampholyte, a substance that can react both acidic and basic.
- Bill Clinton is a Rothschild
- What is just about just indignation?
- How do acupuncture treatments work
- Is constructive criticism actually constructive
- Trusts scientists like religion
- What is a piece of advice for flipping apartment houses
- Are you happy to be a computer programmer?
- Can diabetics drink electrolytes
- Who will vote for Kyler Murray
- Where can you find musicians
- If nitrogen is required for combustion
- Is Israel a threat to Islam?
- What is the basic function of the multivibrator
- How do I get a GTR
- What's a hun in Ireland
- What has Voltaire contributed to the world
- Should we cancel the 16th amendment
- What are the different types of musicians
- Autistic people stay single forever
- You can wash clothes with salt water
- Is Norway a dictatorship
- Any news on a cure for HPV
- How does the UI design affect the conversion rate?
- Is the floor temperature warmer than air
- How do cancer cells invade
- What are the steps involved in rice processing
- Why does my cat like the bathroom
- How many financial institutions have implemented XRP
- Does the devil have a son?
- What nutrients and minerals affect plants
- How to say useless in Japanese
- Are there edible non-photosynthetic plants