How are regional aircraft delivered overseas
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries will withdraw from the $ 82 billion Chūō-Shinkansen maglev project as lost income forces the Japanese manufacturer to review its business areas.
Mitsubishi Heavy contributed to the development and production of the prototypes for the Maglev train cars that were being tested in Yamanashi Prefecture in central Japan. This was the company's first foray into the high-speed rail business and an opportunity to catch up with domestic competitors Hitachi and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, writes Nikkei Asia.
The main catalyst behind the decision was a disagreement with Central Japan Railway Co. (JR Tokai) over the cost of making the Maglev train cars. The railway company plans to put the Chūō-Shinkansen maglev train into operation in 2027. The travel time of the 286 km long connection between Tokyo and Nagoya is to be reduced from the current 1.5 hours to 40 minutes. Delays in the development of Japan's first regional aircraft, the Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ), as well as cruise ships, forced Mitsubishi to concentrate on its core businesses.
Construction of the Maglev Line began in 2014 with the aim of starting the first leg between Tokyo and Nagoya in 2027. Operations are expected to be expanded west to Osaka by 2037 to reduce travel time from Tokyo to Osaka to 67 minutes.
Mitsubishi Heavy's withdrawal should not affect the planned opening, as the production of the Maglev cars can likely be carried out by Nippon Sharyo, a subsidiary of JR Tokai who already developed the prototypes together with Mitsubishi Heavy. The required superconducting magnets are expected to be supplied by Toshiba and Mitsubishi Electric.
WKZ, source Nikkei Asia
- Is climate change inevitable
- What is the ideal training intensity for CrossFit
- How quickly can you forgive someone
- How do scheduler activations work
- What are beta programs
- Are VPNs still popular in 2019?
- What elements are halogens
- How does data innovation help us
- How do you get a CEO's attention
- Where do I learn Drupal effectively
- How do I reflect things effectively
- Why are most stock investors not billionaires?
- Which series of Samsung phones is best
- Besides legality, why is pirated software bad
- What happens if the dough is kneaded under
- What is the A5 paper size
- Any news on a cure for HPV
- VPN is mandatory
- Do you prefer mashups or original songs
- Is it right to love yourself?
- Will Trump Tax Native American Reservations?
- Everyone is in trouble
- What is the weather like in February in Cancun
- Advantages of the digital marketing agency