What was Rutherford's atomic theory
RUTHERFORD explained the basic structure of the atom, which has not been seriously questioned since. But he already wrote in his publication: "The question of the stability of the atom must be examined more closely, it obviously depends on the internal structure of the atom and the movement of the charges that make up the atom."
RUTHERFORD's atomic model does not explain how the electrons behave in the atomic shell and why the electrons, for example, are not simply attracted by the positive atomic nucleus and thus fall into the nucleus.
The widespread idea that electrons revolve around the nucleus fails because of fundamental physical laws: In order for the electrons to revolve around the nucleus, the electrons would have to experience an electrostatic force directed towards the nucleus. The circular movement of the electrons would therefore be an accelerated movement (permanent change in the direction of movement). According to MAXWELL, however, accelerated charges emit electromagnetic energy. So the electrons would be like in Fig. 4 shown slowly plunging into the core. The same thing happens, for example, with a satellite that is orbiting too close to the earth's atmosphere - the satellite crashes.
Shell electrons falling into the nucleus mean the instability of an atom. This contradicts our everyday experience of stable atoms.
Furthermore, the model does not provide an explanation for the occurrence of discrete spectral lines of various gases.
- How is an earthenware made
- Are the homeless with signs cheaters
- Who is the bad girl from Bollywood
- Is Keynesianism a double-edged sword
- Are you happy as a pharmacy technician
- Which areas are you most nostalgic for?
- Which state remains above 40 degrees
- Is the term Black Sheep racist
- What tips for a visit to CERN
- Why are President Obama's records still sealed?
- Discriminates Quora against the less educated
- How are MMM placements
- Should all criminals receive the death penalty
- What is clarified butter used for?
- How can I surprise a former teacher
- Genius is a conscious choice
- How many parenting websites do you know
- Is IAS life threatening
- Website builders kill web design
- Fear leads to eating disorders
- What is the cutoff for XUB Bhubaneswar
- Is the game over for the locals
- Is philosophy a linguistic branch
- What happens when Bitcoin calls you