What is special about sneakers
Shoe fashionProgrammed Sneaker death
You have a favorite pair of sneakers. Not just any slippers, collectibles that you stash for special occasions. For years. And when you wear them, they crumble on your feet. Coincidence?! But don't panic. There are a few tricks you can use to protect your sneakers from confetti transformation.
Nagomo Oji's Air Max 95s caught it. These are cult shoes and, as the sneaker pros put it, Dead Stock. They are no longer produced. They were new, unworn, and 20 years old. And then that: "The structure of the midsole has dissolved, this is a plastic foam and it was completely dusty afterwards." Nagomo Oji can forget his shoes.
After ten years, the shoes get down to business
Plastics react differently to environmental influences such as temperature, humidity and UV radiation, but also simply to time. At some point, sneakers just fall apart. "From the age of ten it starts to come into the risk area and it is usually the case that the midsole becomes porous and crumbly over time," explains Franz Bauer, in the sneaker scene he is known as Schuhmuckl. The sneaker death is material-related.
"The fact that shoes fall apart is more due to inferior goods or the wrong mixture than to environmental influences."
The midsole of a sneaker is usually made of polyurethane or ethylene vinyl acetate. The PU is more stable, but tends to break at lower temperatures. EVA shoes are slipped through faster. Running shoes are particularly hard-wearing if they contain polyamides as a third type of plastic.
Schuhmuckl Franz Bauer knows how to save your sneakers from deterioration: Store the valuable shoes in a shoebox in a cool, dry and dark place. And: "I prefer to buy worn shoes than shoes that are brand new, because the movement apparently retains more plasticizers."
- Why can't plankton know the secret formula
- Can a satellite detect military drones?
- How can we survive nuclear radiation
- What is Marie Curie famous for?
- What is air absorption
- Is there a downside to Hadoop
- What does a technical librarian do
- What is an effective boosting ratio
- How can I make my own refrigerant
- How do you measure seismic waves
- Is DPI important when gaming
- Who is the greek god of Bollywood
- Why are narcissists addicted to sex?
- Stephen King is the best living writer
- What is 2 2x7 11x6
- What is SQC with an example
- What are heartfelt photos taken
- Are water infections really contagious
- How useful are online introductory courses
- How great people celebrate their birthday
- What's your rating of Chumbak
- You will need a USB cable
- Who are some contemporary abstract artists
- Why aren't people interested in flowers?