What is a keylogger
1. term: A keylogger is a piece of hardware or software that is used to log, thereby monitor or reconstruct the inputs made by the user on a computer. Keyloggers are used by hackers, for example, to gain access to confidential data such as passwords or PINs (Personal Identification Number). A keylogger can record all entries or wait specifically for keys or passwords and only then record them in order to save storage space. Keylogging is a hacking technique.
2. species: a) Software keylogger: Software keyloggers switch between the operating system and the keyboard in order to read the entries and then pass them on to the operating system. Some keyloggers save the entries on the hard drive of the monitored computer, others send them to another computer via the Internet;
b) Hardware keylogger require immediate physical access to the affected computer. They are used when the installation of software keyloggers is not possible, does not make sense or is too costly. Hardware keyloggers are connected directly between the keyboard and the computer. Devices that store the spied-out data in an integrated memory, e.g. RAM, will be removed again later. The inputs they log are sent to another computer. Other technologies send the logged data over networks or by radio. The easiest way to identify hardware keyloggers is to examine the hardware used (primarily the keyboard and the connection cable between the keyboard and computer).
3. Legal regulations: In Germany, the secret use of keyloggers on other people's computers as spying on data can be punishable according to § 202a StGB In Austria, Section 126c of the Austrian Tax Code standardizes this situation. Companies that want to use keyloggers on company computers must first obtain the consent of the works council.
- Christine Blasey Ford was believable
- Why is A Clockwork Orange rated X
- Who is the inventor of Facebook
- Do people still get cowpox?
- What's going on in ROM today
- Why do railways follow the 24-hour format
- How can you become a ship pilot?
- What does pickling mean in Python
- Christians celebrate Yom Kippur
- How can I get my dog's DNA
- Could God have created the universe
- What is Gleevec
- How do I start a VR company
- Support the protest against the national anthem
- What is a stable reactant or product
- What do people have to recognize
- Why are CDs circular
- How do I cook mutton
- What does it mean to be innovative in business
- Why does questioning satisfy people
- What is meant by ideological power
- How did patriarchy develop in pastoral societies
- What are the best settings for programmers
- What is the time of death