Unsweetened yogurt is good for weight loss
The yogurt diet - a successful revival or a senseless crash diet?
The yoghurt diet was booming a few years ago when numerous stars and starlets told the gossip press that it would cause the kilos to tumble.
And now this method of weight loss is experiencing a revival, which seems to be mainly related to the increasing popularity of the creamy mass.
In the following article you will find out what you should consider with the yogurt diet, what advantages and disadvantages it has and whether it is also suitable for a permanent change in diet.
Basic knowledge of the yogurt diet - discovery of the effects
Coming from the distant East, the yoghurt is said to have been brought from Bulgaria by a Turkish doctor to relieve King Francis I of his stomach ailments. After that, the food is said to have spread rapidly in Western Europe. In Germany, manufacturers sold yoghurt for the first time in 1907 and promoted it as one of the healthiest dairy products.
Protein-rich food has its origins in space travel, when scientists were looking for the ideal diet in the 1960s that counteracted rapid muscle breakdown in weightlessness in space. In this context, the positive side effect of the rapid breakdown of the body's own fat has been noted. This set the ball rolling for protein slimming cures, including the yoghurt diet.
100 grams of yogurt contain only 3.5 grams of carbohydrates and 0.5 grams of fat with 10 grams of protein, which is why the yogurt diet is both a low-fat and a low-carb diet. Compared to other methods of weight loss, it is relatively easy to comply with, as it meets a need for increased protein intake that has been rooted in humans for thousands of years, is easy to carry out and has a relatively varied taste.
Building knowledge on the yogurt diet - weight loss with additional effects
With the yoghurt diet, you replace as many meals as possible with the carbohydrates and fats they contain with protein-rich yoghurt. This allows you to cut your daily calorie intake by around half.
If you eat only a few calories, there is an energy deficit. This means that your body draws the energy for metabolism from your fat reserves, among other things. Yogurt is low in calories, which means that your body attacks its depot and the released fat cells are burned in the metabolism.
In addition, the calcium in yogurt melts your fat by inhibiting the secretion of the hormone insulin. The lactic acid bacteria in the probiotic yoghurts stimulate digestion, ensure a healthy intestinal flora and effectively combat various pathogens.
The protein-rich food keeps your blood sugar level balanced, which prevents the dreaded food cravings. It should be noted, however, that this method of weight loss has to do a lot of work for your kidneys, which is why you have to ensure adequate hydration.
The protein also contains amino acids. These ensure that cells are built up and, as a result, that your hair and nails grow well and your skin is fresh and firm.
This is how the yogurt diet is carried out
In the yogurt diet, you replace / supplement some / all meals with / with yogurt - depending on how much and how quickly you want to lose weight. With a crash diet, you only eat yogurt for a maximum of a week - but then the type with enough fat so that you get at least 800 to 900 calories per day.
As part of a moderate exercise, you should use unsweetened natural yogurt or Greek yogurt, as these types contain more protein and minerals than domestic whole milk yogurt. And you don't replace all meals, just for example lunch or dinner.
You supplement the yogurt diet with around three liters of water and / or unsweetened tea. A lot of liquid fills the stomach and therefore dampens the feeling of hunger, it also stimulates the metabolism (especially mate tea) and supports the body in burning fat.
Your day on the yogurt diet could look like this: In the morning you eat a yogurt with fresh berries and flax seeds, at noon a piece of low-fat meat / lean fish with salad and homemade yogurt dressing, in the evening low-fat vegetable broth and tzatziki.
Recipe example for the yogurt diet
Pan rice with mint yogurt
ingredients: 100 g low-fat natural yoghurt, 1 tbsp chopped mint, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 200 g cauliflower, 1 red pepper, 1 carrot, 1 spring onion, 4 large mushrooms, 75 g frozen peas, 100 ml vegetable stock, 50 g couscous and the spices salt , Chilli, coriander and cumin
preparation: Mix natural yoghurt with mint and lemon juice. Clean the cauliflower and cut into florets. Core the pepper and then finely dice. Clean the remaining vegetables and cut into rings or slices. Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the vegetables and peas for eight minutes over a medium heat. Add the vegetable stock and couscous, stir vigorously and season. Remove the pan from the heat and cover the mixture and let it soak for about eight minutes. Season to taste and serve with chilled mint yoghurt.
This must be taken into account with the yogurt diet
You should consider the following points when following the yogurt diet:
- Your kidneys have to do a tough job with this weight loss method, so you need to keep them hydrated.
- During the slimming diet, your body will draw the energy for its metabolism from your fat reserves and muscle proteins, among other things. It is therefore important that you exercise while dieting to keep your muscles in shape.
- Do not use sweeteners to make the yoghurt tastier, or do not buy a light version - the artificial "sugar" stimulates the appetite and can cause cravings.
- If you mainly consume yogurt, your body will soon be lacking vital nutrients such as carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Because of this deficiency, you quickly lose even more important muscle mass. Do not follow the yogurt diet - like any other one-sided diet - for too long and supplement the menu with some superfood such as chia seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, nuts or goji berries.
Psyllium husks bind water and sources in the stomach and thus promote satiety without affecting the energy balance and also have a positive effect on digestion.
- When seasoning yoghurt and processing it into a dip or salad dressing, always add high-quality oil (linseed oil or walnut oil) - this will make the vitamins usable for your body.
The benefits of the yogurt diet
If you don't follow it for too long, the yogurt diet is not unhealthy due to the increased protein intake. This method of weight loss also offers you a wide variety of flavors, provided that you show creativity when creating the menu plan, cook varied and pay attention to balance.
However, we do not recommend a pure yogurt diet that you follow for more than three days in a row, because this unbalanced diet can lead to deficiency symptoms and, as a result, to health problems.
As a dairy product, yoghurt has a high proportion of calcium, which is an important mineral in the human organism and is responsible for a well-functioning bone metabolism and the correct functioning of the body's enzymes.
In addition, this mineral boosts fat burning and therefore also helps you lose weight without exercising. Another positive aspect of this slimming diet is that the lactic acid bacteria in yoghurt have a positive effect on the intestinal flora - and a well-functioning digestion can only be an advantage when trying to lose extra pounds.
The disadvantages of the yogurt diet
You should make sure you have a balanced diet during the yogurt diet, because this method of weight loss requires a solid basic knowledge of the components of food. Do not go on the yogurt diet without first discussing how it affects the human body.
As with any other radical weight loss diet, there are some dangers lurking in the yogurt diet. The dissolved reserve fats and released waste products over-acidify the body, which is harmful to the body and to well-being. You must therefore ensure that the pH value in your blood is balanced. Only with a balanced diet can the harmful acids be neutralized and your metabolism can function smoothly.
Adequate hydration supports the process of eliminating toxins. Another danger with the yogurt diet is the breakdown of muscles - It is therefore important that you do sports during this time to counteract muscle breakdown.
After weight loss you have to keep your calorie intake lower than before the diet, otherwise the yo-yo effect threatens. Change your eating plan permanently and plan a yogurt day every now and then or replace a meal with the dairy product several times a week.
Another disadvantage could be that the motivation to stick to the yogurt diet is lost on the way to the desired weight. It is all the more important to cook or prepare varied meals in order to strengthen stamina. It is also another reason to stay away from the crash variant - eating only yogurt for days.
The yogurt diet - conclusion
The yogurt diet is a method of weight loss that can work if it is carried out properly - even if in its radical form (replacing all or almost all meals with yogurt) it is ultimately only suitable for short-term use of a maximum of one week.
Such a crash diet is suitable for one-off weight loss when you want to shed a few pounds quickly for a specific event like a wedding. Otherwise, it makes more sense to work towards a change in diet in the long term and to integrate yogurt into a low-carb nutrition plan.
You should make sure that you always supplement the dairy product with healthy foods such as fruit, nuts and seeds if you consume it solo. As with any other diet, it is important that you think about implementation beforehand and plan enough physical activity in your everyday life.
- Can I study psychology without economics?
- Has Ex Machina post-credits scenes
- Which advertising medium is most effective
- How profitable is the home inspection business
- The Kim dynasty prevents the unification of Korea
- What is Norwegian culture
- What causes allergies and eye twitching
- Where is Charlemagne's crown
- Will social media influencers run out at some point?
- What is DLF Cyber Hub
- Why are narcissists addicted to sex?
- How do I stop being transphobic
- What if a reunion changed everything
- How can I record sound through headphones?
- When to use quantity and number
- How can I crack Cognizant
- Americans can order through Rakuten
- What is transfer learning in deep learning
- What was the name of the decade of the 1880s
- What is traditional forestry
- What is Toyota's competitive advantage
- Do the people of Greece have clean water?
- What are relaxing songs or melodies
- Are political surrogates paid for their appearances?
- What are some suggestions for creating websites
- How does Tyrion Lannister deal with fear
- Why did Nuno Bettencourt come to Rihanna
- Who is Stephen Curry
- What animals are native
- Why do we use e in math
- Low-level programming languages are dead
- Why am I puffed up all the time?
- Why are businesses still using Internet Explorer