Which phobia have you successfully overcome?
Social Phobia, Isolation, and Its Consequences: Risk Factor for Mental Illness
If getting to know new people or doing a job in public becomes a burden, the step to your own isolation is not far away. The fear of everyday things in public, such as going shopping or withdrawing money, paralyzes and makes those affected feel stress. Once in isolation, the way back is difficult on your own and hardly manageable without professional help. Social phobia is one of the most common anxiety disorders in this country - along with panic disorders, generalized anxiety disorders, agoraphobia and specific phobias (fear of flying, fear of heights). Around 7 to 12% of the population will get it at least once in a lifetime. Women are affected more often than men. As a rule, the disease first occurs in adolescence.
The greatest fear of people with social phobia is that other people find them strange, embarrassing or even ridiculous. They are embarrassed about their own behavior and visible signs of fear. These include blushing, sweating or trembling. Fear refers to situations in which you as a person are the focus of attention, could be observed or assessed. It can also occur in situations where contact with other people becomes necessary, for example in conversations with strangers, with people of the opposite sex, or in dealing with persons of authority. People with social phobia avoid situations like these as much as possible or only endure them under severe fear. An increase in the physical fear response can range up to a panic attack.
- How does WhatsApp make a profit
- You can over-massage a tense muscle
- How do I book a plane ticket
- How is alliteration used in slogans
- Are there lions in Hawaii
- How do I get websites for scholarships
- How was your CSE Prelims 2019
- What is needed for salvation
- What is a deposit
- What is archive in Instagram
- Find an online training course
- How did Apple lose its hype
- Which table design is better below
- The galaxySM E700H can be upgraded to LTE
- Papaya cures any disease
- Proof of time travel
- Somalia has an airport
- Is sustainable development about the environment?
- The world becomes peaceful
- How can I get chlorine-free water
- Why do Scientologists film everything
- Why can I do A2A myself
- Where can I observe a supernatural phenomenon?
- What's your callsign