When do you use the sport mode
Energy consumption in sport
The energy requirement of a person is calculated from his basic metabolic rate and the respective performance metabolic rate. The basal metabolic rate describes the minimum energy requirement in complete rest. To live, humans need around one kilocalorie per hour and kilogram of body weight. The energy that is needed for a specific activity is added to the power turnover.
Energy consumption of various sports
A leisurely one-hour walk of around four kilometers will burn up around 190 calories. If you walk a little faster and cover about six kilometers, there are already 290 calories.
The following overview shows the estimated energy expenditure per hour for selected sports. The calculation was made for a person weighing 70 kilograms as an example.
Calories / hour
Tobogganing / sledding (pure descent)
Cycling, 8-12 kilometers per hour
Hiking on flat to hilly terrain
Ice skating / ice skating
Cycling, 15-18 kilometers per hour
Breast or crawl swim at a medium pace
Cross-country skiing on the plains at medium speed
Ball games like soccer or handball
Breast or crawl swim at high speed
Jogging, 12 kilometers per hour
Cross-country skiing in hilly terrain at high speed
The energy requirement of athletes depends on the type of sport and the training load. It makes a big difference whether someone jogs without haste or wants to set a time record: More effort usually means more energy consumption. Only well-trained athletes: indoors have a lower energy expenditure with the same load, since the metabolism is more economical with trained muscles.
The energy consumed must be replaced by food. Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are the body's most important sources of energy, and the proportion of high-fiber carbohydrates should be at least 50 percent. If the energy stores are not topped up, this usually leads to weight loss, which can have a negative effect on performance.
Tips on calorie consumption without exercise
Dr. Johannes Wimmer gives tips on how to burn calories really well in everyday life even without sports shoes or a fitness club.
- Will list Binance VTHO
- Why can Africans walk well
- How has the right to vote affected feminism?
- Are you happy as a pharmacy technician
- How Flipkart connects with the seller
- What is the future of instant messaging
- What are the customs of the Chileans
- What are the main components of LPG
- Why does stainless steel shine
- Why is art looked down upon?
- All 0W 20 motor oil is synthetic
- What does ecstasy look like
- Finnish people use utensils
- When was President John F. Kennedy born?
- What is ISLAMIC eschetoloy
- What is cloud based software
- What is your best chess technique
- Who killed Shams I Tabrizi
- What are the franchise opportunities in Delhi
- How can you learn SAP ABAP
- What are 50 random facts about you
- What killed Justin Bieber's original popularity
- Will China ever be a multi-party democracy?
- What is bioinorganic chemistry
- Why are Samsung phones the best
- What is the AB + blood group character
- Feel free to invest in real estate
- Littlefinger tries to kill Tyrion
- Muscular people sweat more
- What is demand acceleration
- How is the Rajdhani train route set
- What is SVN and Jenkins
- Good MBA colleges