What are some tier 1 law schools
Passau is aiming to offer its graduates an increasing number of opportunities to complement their German legal education with an LL.M from leading law schools in the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia. Special relationships currently exist with Tulane in New Orleans, Golden Gate University in San Francisco and Dundee Law School in Scotland. Negotiations are under way with Penn State in State College / Pennsylvania, Ohio State in Columbus / Ohio and Monash University Faculty of Law in Melbourne / Australia. Interested students are strongly advised to reach out to the Chair of Common Law well ahead of the relevant application deadlines to discuss career paths, academic programs, and funding opportunities with Professor Fedtke and his team. The Chair also organizes regular information sessions about graduate programs across the common law world and facilitates contacts with alumni who have studied at affiliated institutions in previous years.
Tulane University Law School (TLS) in New Orleans, Louisiana, is setting aside at least three LL.M scholarships for applicants with a qualifying law degree from the University of Passau. The offer is available for the 2021-2022 academic year. The first day of classes is in August 2021.
Applications must be received by May 1, 2021 either to Tulane Law School directly or through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). Tulane will grant scholarships of no less than $ 20,000 each to applicants admitted from Passau. This reduces the regular tuition fee by nearly 50%. Top applicants have qualified for higher scholarships in recent years.
The influential U.S. News Ranking lists TLS as a Tier 1 law school in the United States. It is particularly well known for comparative and international law, maritime law and environmental law. Other key strengths include sports law and alternative dispute resolution.
Interested students should contact Professor Dr. Jörg Fedtke (either via his secretary Ms. Sylvia Böhm in JUR 312, or by email to [email protected]). Professor Fedtke is happy to answer questions concerning the LL.M at Tulane, life in New Orleans, or the application process. He can also put you in touch with graduates from Passau who have recently studied at Tulane or are currently enrolled in the LL.M.
Study in the heart of San Francisco
An exchange program between the University of Passau and the Golden Gate University in San Francisco (California, USA) has been running since the 2012/13 winter semester. Every year, five graduates of the Law Faculty of the University of Passau have the opportunity to complete an LL.M degree at the Golden Gate University School of Law. Students selected by the University of Passau will receive a scholarship of 18,000 USD for the academic year (24 teaching units).
Successful graduation entitles the graduate to use the title "LL.M" (Master of Laws).
Golden Gate University offers five different Masters programs:
LL.M in Environmental Law
LL.M in Intellectual Property Law
LL.M in International Legal Studies
LL.M in Taxation Law
LL.M in US Legal Studies
Documents to be submitted for the application
- Letter of motivation in English (a maximum of three A4 pages with double spacing)
- Tabular curriculum vitae in English
- Copy of the certificate of the first legal examination (proof at the latest at the beginning of the course)
- All certificates of achievement from law studies (e.g. HISQIS printout)
- Current proof of sufficient English language skills, in particular FFP II or TOEFL test with a result of at least 237 points (cbt) or 92 points (ibt). An IELTS test with a minimum score of 6.0 is also accepted
- Opinion from a professor in the Faculty of Law
Deadlines and length of study
The course can be started either in the spring semester (January), in the summer semester (end of May) or in the autumn semester (August). The Application deadline for pre-selection at the University of Passau for the beginning of the spring semester ends on September 1st (of the previous year), for the beginning of the summer semester on February 1st and for the autumn semester on May 1st. If the 1st of the month falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is the registration deadline. The duration of study is one academic year.
FAQ application (German only)
The application must be sent along with the required documents to:
University of Passau
Common Law Chair
Prof. Dr. Jörg Fedtke
Email: [email protected]
(image Yellow Cabs credit: shutterstock_58167547.jpg)
- Will the ICSE be reevaluated or reviewed
- Which food is best for blood O +
- How do I soften hardened gouache paint
- What is the name of this phone
- Why should you settle in Udaipur?
- Progressive has life insurance
- What are redirected links used for
- Is the speed a basic quantity or a derived quantity
- Can you recycle wine glasses?
- What is Wells Fargo Scam all about
- What are some tips for tutoring
- How does ddp work in meteor
- How do student athletes deal with pressure
- What was the Beatles' first film
- How does sauce taste
- Are Indian Ecommerce Reviews Justified
- How is the hydraulic pressure calculated
- Who developed Java software
- Which Greek philosopher wrote nothing?
- What is the best turnkey business
- Is 40 enough for the KVPY
- What are some causes of VBScript errors
- Why do we get stretch marks
- What strategies should McDonalds pursue in 2015?