How hard is it to synthesize gasoline
BiofuelsFachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe e. V.
What are BtL fuels?
BtL stands for the English biomass to liquid (to German biomass liquefaction). BtL fuels are therefore to be understood as meaning synthetic fuels made from biomass. These fuels are not yet available on the market today, so the challenge is to adapt fuel production, which is already known from coal and natural gas, to biomass as a raw material.
Different biomass can serve as raw material. The range extends from residual materials such as straw and residual wood to energy crops. For plants grown specifically for fuel production, for example, a yield of around 4,000 l per hectare is expected. Estimates assume that they have the potential to replace 20-25% of German fuel requirements, and even more in Europe. With this capacity, BtL fuels can make a significant contribution to the substitution of finite fossil fuels.
In addition to the broad and more efficiently used range of raw materials, advantages are seen primarily in the fuel quality, which also meets the increased requirements of the automotive industry.
The generic term "XtL fuels" summarizes processes that produce synthetic fuels from e.g. coal (CtL: Coal to liquid), gas (GtL: Gas to liquid) or biomass (BtL: Biomass to liquid).
Definition of BTL fuel:
“Biomass to liquid” refers to a process chain that converts biomass into Synthesis gas and its subsequent synthesis converts to liquid hydrocarbons. The biogenic hydrocarbons produced in this way can be processed into marketable fuels such as diesel according to EN 590 or gasoline according to EN 228 using well-known petroleum refining processes.
- How can a transverse wave be generated
- What is industrialized food
- What food should you have for dinner?
- How can you make learning C easier?
- Do you prefer theoretical or applied math
- How and why does a fan work
- How was your travel experience in Ottawa
- How much money does Reddit
- What is the LayoutInflater in Android
- Has the culture of indignation gone too far?
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Montenegro
- Do you have an Instagram account 10
- What should every programmer know about cryptography
- How does personality make your future
- Why are we kind to people
- Why does every smartphone have to have a camera
- What are some ideas for baby shower messages
- Is the term Black Sheep racist
- Are luxury vehicles reliable
- Can sing baritones B4 with chest voice
- Why are Japanese cars so box-shaped?
- How does BookMyShow get all the information
- Which company do students from the EC branch choose?
- How are memory and dysgraphy related?
- Can you eat too many green vegetables?
- Why doesn't my father appreciate me
- Why is wine sold in boxes
- What are some easy online colleges
- An MBA with work experience is better
- Would you make an appointment with BTSs RM
- Easy ways to earn online in India
- Is IME 9 good
- John the Taeufer was real
- How would life be without chess