How do general everyday photos sell online
Product photography: Create professional photos yourself
An online shop lives from good product photos. Because good and professional recordings should convince potential customers of a product that they have never seen before. If the images are also individually and creatively designed, you can use them to set yourself apart from the great competition in e-commerce. With the right equipment and preparation, anyone can create unique product photos - without being a professional photographer.
Stand out from the crowd
In our guide on the subject of product photography, we have already explained what influence the selection of images can have on the success and failure of a shop and what you should pay attention to when designing and composing. It is always important to stand out from the crowd and with specialIdeas to stand out. The best example of this is the Google Shopping site. If all providers have obtained their product photos from the manufacturer, the customer may see the same image dozens of times when searching for a product. With your own ideas and high-quality, self-made photos, you set yourself apart from the competition and create an incentive for potential customers to visit your shop preferentially.
We have collected the most important tips on how to take professional product photos yourself.
The right equipment
The camera is of course the essential tool in product photography. It doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive model for several thousand euros - either medium-priced single lens reflex or system cameras or high-quality compact cameras are suitable for creating web-compatible product photos. Above all, it is important that you, as a photographer, know how to deal with it.
- Tripod: To avoid blurry, shaky pictures, you should definitely work with a tripod. It is indispensable for longer exposure times anyway. With a tripod you also have the advantage that you can shoot many pictures from exactly the same perspective.
- Photo or photo table: Small to medium-sized products are best placed on a photo table. This ensures a uniform, largely shadow-free illumination of the products. A white, if possible translucent background (glass plate) or a groove (for cutouts) offer further advantages.
- Softbox or light tent: Both are practical aids for area lighting that enable soft and shadow-free illumination.
- Flash units: Another technical aid for optimal lighting are flash units. They serve as a practical, individually adjustable light source, especially in dark rooms.
- Reflectors and brighteners: With reflectors and brighteners, you can specifically brighten the shadow areas of objects. Thanks to these aids, there is no need to install an additional light source because the reflectors direct the available light to where it is needed.
The camera setting
More important than the quality of the camera is that you, the photographer, deal with the many Setting options know about. There are basically four factors that are relevant for exposure: the aperture value, the exposure time, the ISO value and the white balance.
- Aperture value: With the aperture you can vary the depth of field, among other things. This plays an important role in product photography. The basic rules apply:
- small value = large aperture = blurred background
- large value = small aperture = sharp background
- Exposure time: The exposure time, i.e. the opening time of the aperture, is set here. Many cameras offer good automatic settings - if you want to set the exposure time manually, you have to try different settings. Too short an exposure time leads to underexposure, while too long leads to overexposure. As mentioned above, a tripod should definitely be used for long exposure times.
- ISO: The ISO value can be used to determine how sensitive the camera's image sensor is to light. In poor lighting conditions, you should choose a rather high ISO value. Since the object should be illuminated as well as possible in product photography (see next section), this value plays a subordinate role here. Basically you should keep it as low as possible (max. 800), so you don't have to accept any loss of quality.
- White balance: A white balance should always be done before the first photo. This setting affects the color temperature. Only with a white balance is white actually displayed as white later, without a blue or yellow cast. Modern digital cameras have an automatic white balance. Advanced photographers can also make manual adjustments.
The right light for product photography
The product only comes into its own when it is optimally lit. Many amateur photographers prefer to take photos in natural light. But when it comes to product photography, experts recommend using artificial light. The Lighting conditions can thus be better controlled and reproduced as often as you like - regardless of the time of day you want to take photos for your online shop.
The tools listed above can be used to create an ideal lighting environment. The correct use of guide lights, skylights and various reflectors and brighteners is explained very clearly in the following YouTube tutorial:
With another click you load the video from YouTube. In this case, YouTube can set cookies over which we have no influence.
Fine tuning: edit product photos
Before you upload your pictures to your own website, the final step is still missing: the image processing. Digital optimization is not that easy, but with a little practice, even laypeople can edit their product photos with photo software and work wonders. The most widely used software is Photoshop, but free alternatives such as GIMP, Krita or PhotoScape are also suitable for beginners.
The fine-tuning is usually done by:
- Adjusting the image section
- Adjusting orientation and perspective
- Optimization of color and brightness
- Contrast adjustment
- Retouching of smaller picture elements
Conclusion: first the idea, then the implementation
The above tips on equipment, photography and image processing can be used to create professional product photos. In the beginning, of course, is your idea of how the picture should look like Sets the product perfectly in scene. You can be inspired in advance: Search the web for online shops with very good photos or use the Google image search for suggestions. If you shy away from investing in cameras and equipment, you can also borrow the equipment you need for first attempts.
Free graphics, backgrounds and vectors on the web
Cropping the image: This is how it works with Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET and PowerPoint
The cropping of images - that is, the separation of an object in the foreground from the background - is one of the most important applications in graphics programs. We'll show you how you can easily cut out objects in photos yourself using Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, various online tools or even PowerPoint. This procedure is ideal for, for example, digital ...
IPTC: Easily read and edit metadata from photos
With the international IPTC-IIM labeling standard, information such as copyrights, names or headings can be stored and passed on directly in image files. The uniform file format facilitates the archiving of images and the editorial work of image and press agencies. We explain how you can enter and read out IPTC metadata in images.
Create a photographer website - everything you should know
With a well-designed website, photographers can get a maximum number of people excited about their images with a minimum of effort. In this article, we will give you an overview of what components a website for photographers should have, which systems you can use to design a professional photography website cost-effectively and how you can bring as many visitors as possible to your site.
Photographic anticipation of delicious food
Aesthetically successful product photography for restaurants and cafés is an opportunity for restaurateurs to stand out from the competition and to make their own style known to potential guests emotionally. This requires technical and stylistic skills in order to score points in the target group. But also suitable photo equipment should not be neglected as the basis of success.
- Why is the uterus fat
- What is Niall Horan known for?
- Increases the uptake of cholesterol from food and serum cholesterol
- How to macrame a hammock
- What are the basic necessities for a living
- Cold brews are healthier than hot coffee
- Which place produces the best kiwi fruit
- What are some synonyms for intervention
- How do I get Android 8 0
- When did people develop depth perception?
- What is a goniometer used for?
- How was Fela Kuti personally
- Who wore 21 for the Dallas Cowboys
- How could Hanuman ji fly
- Will Trump ever change the American flag?
- If i'm gay, you are gay
- What makes you sad at christmas
- Singing birds in unison
- Can I be a freelance data analyst?
- What are neurotransmitters made of
- What is the algorithm behind x ai
- Why do boys mainly prefer brunettes
- What are some funny French sayings
- Car sales techniques