Why isn't Rekhaji married yet?
I made your jewelery
40-year-old Rekha comes from a family of silversmiths from Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh, 400 kilometers east of Delhi. At the age of 13, she was introduced to the jewelry trade by her parents. At that time, girls who had reached puberty were not allowed to leave the house. With that the further school attendance came to an end.
Rekha was married at the age of 17. She still remembers the difficult times her family went through at the time. Because the price of silver rose enormously. With their limited financial resources, it was difficult for the parents to get raw materials and develop new products.
They left their village and moved to the city of Loni. There they started a very small production of silver rings. They were dependent on big deals that paid them late and inappropriately - a hand-to-mouth life as a result.
Finally, the parents decided to change the starting material and switch to copper. That was the time when they also came into contact with Manjeen Handicrafts. The workshop was gradually expanded, new craftsmen were trained, and a group was founded.
Today Rekah is responsible for the documentation of the raw material in the workshop and develops new jewelry designs together with a team. She coordinates training for other craftswomen so that they can develop their skills.
"She is very responsible and committed. With her personality, she has a central position in the group today. She lives that with devotion and a great sense of equality." (Emam Ahmed, Manjeen Handicrafts)
Rekha now has four children, three daughters and one son. The eldest (21) recently got married, the other two daughters, 17 and 9 years old, are going to school. The son (20) has just finished his final exams and is planning further training.
"Rekha owes the quality of life she has today to fair trade," writes Emam Ahmed from Manjeen. "This not only had an economic effect on you and other craftsmen."
- Should I face my boyfriend's ex
- Which bike has the most kilometers?
- Why is Trump lying
- How can I get my dog's DNA
- Which is the best air compressor
- What is social targeting
- Iranians generally don't like Azerbaijani tourists
- Why is India so bad at football Top_ans = 2302176
- What is the Google verification code 1
- How can you solder sheet metal
- Which car is better Polo or Rapid
- Is a PPF account good for NRI
- What is the value of 484
- What is a collapsible sword
- What is the final test level
- Can antibiotics cure conjunctivitis
- What is plant disease
- Can intuition be explained
- Why are spinners called spinners
- There is a limit to ideas
- 10 Benefits of Software Automated Testing
- Which Raag should I start with?
- Are water infections really contagious
- How do I cure hair loss