How to store champagne
Store properly and enjoy
The storage of the sparkling liquor
Wines should be as horizontal as possible. This keeps the cork moist and the wine is airtight. This is not necessary with champagne. You can put the bottles upright. The cork remains moist anyway. This is ensured by the carbon dioxide in the bottle neck.
A constant temperature of around ten degrees and a humidity of 70 percent are ideal for storing the precious liquid for a few years.
Unlike what we know from wines, only a few vintage champagnes gain quality through long storage. Under unfavorable conditions, champagne even becomes inedible. The higher the storage temperature, the faster it ages.
For the consumer at home this means: Champagne has reached its full maturity when it leaves the cellar. So it should be drunk soon. If you want to store it anyway, it must not only be stored in a cool place, but also in a dark place. It does not tolerate temperature fluctuations.
Also, be careful with storage from foreign smells such as solvents, paints or heating oil. Strong smells harm the champagne. It should also be protected from shocks. These can be caused by spinning a washing machine in the basement.
Professionals do without the bang
It is advisable to handle champagne bottles carefully. After all, they have to withstand a pressure of around six bars. It is easy for the cork to pop out with a big bang when the bottle is opened. The rapid loss of pressure in the bottle leads to foaming over.
Champagne connoisseurs try to avoid what is absolutely desirable at award ceremonies and celebrations. Not only because too much of the noble drop is wasted, but also because too much of the sparkling aroma is lost.
To prevent this, first remove the wire basket and then grab the cork. It is best to hold the bottle at an angle. This will reduce the pressure on the cork. To be on the safe side, put a napkin around the neck of the bottle and turn the bottle very carefully, not the cork. As a result, the cork usually remains undamaged and opening is almost noiseless. Cork crackers are regarded as having no style, according to the motto: what wins the ear is later lost to the palate.
Best drunk at ten degrees Celsius
The fine wine is drunk at around ten degrees Celsius, but not colder and never from pre-chilled glasses. It should always be tall glasses, so-called tulips or flutes. The carbon dioxide escapes too quickly from shallow champagne bowls, as they were often used in the past.
Of course, this also means: champagne whiskers, which are used to whisk the carbonic acid out of champagne, have normally not been used for a long time.
- How do I install solar lights for outdoor use
- How are rights and obligations connected?
- Is there a direct water fuel cell
- How does edX differ from Coursera
- Snails are good pets
- What voltage is 600mA
- How would I promote the sport for everyone
- How much is Odell Beckham's contract
- Why is my water heater not staying lit?
- What is random error
- How does learning affect inspiration
- How can I actually start training again?
- Why did you leave ASO in MEA
- What is the future of pathology
- Which is best for playing in Android
- What are the different bills under GST
- What if tampons get stuck
- What is a DC machine made of
- Is cycling an exercise for our body?
- Is telemedicine occupational therapy and physical therapy effective
- Can you get pregnant in the beach water?
- How was the stove invented
- What are some examples of furniture
- What is 999 888
- Is it a good name for my startup
- How are elements that are heavier than iron formed?
- What is Amazon Keyword Research
- Why is my visa taking so long
- What micronations do the military have
- Where can I find craft products online
- Which charting program do professional traders use
- What's wrong with cashmere
- What's in NDA training