What is the correlation range
Range of values of correlations
Range of values from -1 to +1
Correlations usually relate to linear relationships and have a range of values from -1 to +1. Unless there is a linear relationship between the variables, the value of r is zero. In this case, however, the two variables could also be related to one another in a non-linear form (i.e. non-linear). If the correlation is +1, there is a perfect relationship between the variables. The same applies to a correlation of -1. In this case, the relationship is opposite. For example, in a performance test, the percentage of errors should correlate perfectly in the opposite direction to the percentage of correctly solved tasks. The higher the percentage of mistakes, the lower the percentage of correctly solved tasks. Fig. 11 illustrates some selected correlations between two variables in the form of point clouds.
- Figure 11: Representation of selected correlations between two variables.
Low, medium, and high correlation
Among other things, Cohen (1988) specified a convention for correlations that states at which value a correlation should be classified as low, medium or high:
- r = 0.1 for a low correlation
- r = 0.3 for a mean correlation
- r = 0.5 for a high correlation
The exact amount depends on the question
However, it always depends on the question of whether the determined characteristic value can be classified as low or high. For example, one could calculate the relationship between the results from the same multiple-choice test that was determined by two evaluators. This correlation is referred to as evaluation objectivity and should be well above r = 0.5 in order to still be able to speak of an acceptable agreement. Even a correlation of r = 0.9 would still be unsatisfactory in this specific case.
- How do I create a battery
- How relevant is CodeWars in web development
- The best way to save English words
- Originally chess had different rules
- Can we eat folic acid tablets regularly?
- How do I make an XBRL file
- Marathon runners have high metabolic rates
- Why do dogs smell their private parts
- Is it expensive to learn on Skillshare
- There are male sirens in Greek mythology
- Can several photons occupy the same space
- What are the disadvantages of good storage
- How can I get a BPO company
- What is ISLAMIC eschetoloy
- What is the Chinese word for die
- Who caught Pablo Escobar
- How to say useless in Japanese
- Why does anxiety occur without symptoms
- What is Custom House Agent
- How do you get over depression
- Denisovans and Neanderthals share some kind of DNA
- Where can I download the legal Boston series
- Think Australians are naturally fat
- Lomilomi is a sensual massage
- What was a big mistake in World War II
- How do I build lithium-ion batteries
- Mutual funds abuse our funds
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo better than Virat Kohli
- Why do most people communicate poorly
- Why is CP greater than CV 1
- What should I call my investment firm?
- Can I join NCC in grade 10?
- Bank jobs are being automated in India
- Are there schizophrenic political activists