Means data preparation ETL
BI data management (part 1): data preparation through the ETL process
Operational company data, as it occurs in day-to-day business, supports the business processes of a company. The data from ERP, accounting or merchandise management systems, for example, relate exclusively to the control and monitoring of day-to-day business. Because of this alignment, they reflect a temporary level of information and are normally updated over time by subsequent transactions.
Analytical BI applications are only based directly on operational databases in exceptional cases. As a rule, they require topic-related, integrated data collections - for example by customer, product or organizational unit. For this, on the one hand, the mostly aggregated data material desired from the management's point of view must be stored permanently over long periods of time. On the other hand, large amounts of data must be consolidated from several operational databases, which are then stored in the data warehouse.
In order to combine and process data from several operational data sources, they are converted into management-relevant information by means of targeted conversion actions. This action is carried out in three steps as a so-called ETL process. ETL means in detail:
extraction (Extract) the relevant data from various sources
transformation (Transform) the data into the schema and format of the target database
load (Load) the data into the data warehouse
The creation of the ETL process is often the most complex step in data warehouse development. It should not be neglected, because a solidly structured data warehouse is only possible with a high-quality database.
- What are some examples of isotropic crystals
- Voice messaging is popular in the UK
- Why should I study music therapy
- Is your mother dead or alive
- Why are you applying for financial assistance?
- Feel sad about the resolution of 2NE1
- How many Quora fans are there
- How do you not kill your parents
- How do AC components work
- How is colon cancer recognized
- Every star originates from a galaxy
- What is a viral question
- What exactly is mutual altruism
- Where is the safest cabaret in Delhi
- What does genome mean
- How common is ADHD
- How does Google recruit engineering interns
- Why is Stephen Coyle withdrawing from Quora?
- Which is the best between Messenger and WhatsApp
- Why wasn't the Saaho movie good
- Why are IHOP pancakes so fluffy
- What is the real income from owning property
- What would happen if Microsoft didn't exist?
- How do I build a particle accelerator